2015-03-14

My Water Painting Experience


I have written about my cailgrapghy class experience before. After I finished the class, I started following lots of cailgrapgher on Instagram. I found out that many of them are good at water painting as well. The water painting and cailgrapghy combination is amazingly beautiful. 

I used to love similar art when I was doing research for my wedding invitation. There was one flash in by head by that time that I should draw the invitation myself. I didn't feel like I can do it, so I dropped the idea and let my husband (soon-to-be husband by that time) to do the job. 

Now, I have took a cailgrapghy class, I did something I can't imagine I can do. My husband keep telling me I have some art sense, so I tried water painting as a relaxing activity. I can't believe it is easier than I thought it would be. The above pictures are the result. I won't say it is beautiful but I really enjoy the process and calmness that it brings. 

What I want to say is, you will never know the result if you don't try it. Sometimes you may be amazed by how much you are capable of in the way that you don't know! 

Have a lovely weekend!
Alk

8 comments:

  1. I really do wish that I have your talent. All your artworks looks so pretty!

    Artika
    http://whuddupartix.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Artika.

      I don't even know I have such a skill until I try it out. So, you can try it out and you may be amazed how much you can actually do in the way that you don't know.

      Cheers and have a nice day! :)

      Delete
  2. Alk this is amazing, you are amazing! I love calligraphy though I haven't gone near it since high school. I've been wanting to get back into it, not sure how I'd go with water colour though!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonia,

      Thanks for your constant support, you are always that supportive to my site and for that I am so thankful for. :)

      I don't know there is English calligraphy ever existed until I read a post in a blog. It can in fact be an art! So try it out. I am sure this can enrich your site content too. :)

      Keep it up together and stay in touch! :)

      Alk

      Delete
  3. I love your talent ! It's so beautiful ! I would like to be able to do such beautiful drawing header for my blog or my logo ! Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Heavenly,

      Thanks for your compliment. Sometimes I really need this support to keep me going. :)

      I have a look at your blog and it looks great! We can keep on exchanging idea here... and maybe some day I am professional enough you can hire me for your blog or logo design :)

      Alk

      Delete
  4. OMG this is SO stunning!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Olivia's choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Olivia! OMG! I love your blog so much and you actually leave comments on my blog. I am so so so happy about it!! :)

    Please help to say hello to your husband and son!

    With love,
    Alk

    ReplyDelete