2016-02-14

Skincare Review Series - Olay Regenerist 3 Point Firming Serum


If you have read my blog for a while, you would know that I am quite a stable person in view of my skincare product. I tend to stick with the brand that works for me as my skin is quite sensitive and will have "not so good" reaction (i.e. redness) to new product. So, it may not be uncommon for you to see my blogpost highly rated Shiseido (a Japanese skincare and makeup brand). This is the brand that works really well for me and I have been repurchase for over ten years. 

However, I have recently moved to the UK, due to the cold and windy weather, my skin starts to dry out and my shiseido skincare products starts to run out. Perhaps Shiseido is an Asian brand and I can't normally find their counter in the UK stores. The only way that I can do is to seek for alternatives. It has been a month now since I try out some new skincare products and I would like to share with you my experiences by writing a series of skincare blogpost. It will includes from serum to body lotion (head to toe). You may not be new to the county but perhaps some of you might be in the same stage as me in exploring new product for the new weather too. 

The first series I want to talk about is serum. I have been using Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super firming Serum now.  

The reason why I choose it is that instead of Shiseido, other serum that I used and loved is Olay (Olay White Radiance Serum Review). I trust Olay as a brand and I saw their advertisement from Women's Health Magazine. This magazine mentions all the way that keep us health as a person, it doesn't have many skincare product advertisement in their magazine. I believe, if this is what they chose to advertise, it will be what they think it's good!

The experience so far is very amusing. Not to mention I don't have any unpleasant reaction when I first applied it. I know that Olay's product might tends to be more oily, it is a wild decision to dump right to serum instead of trying out their cream first. However, the serum is non-greasy and fast absorbing as well. It gives me a soft and smooth feeling instantly and feel so comfortable to add up the lotion on top. I also feel that my skin is much firmer and not dry out like before.

The price is also very fair. You can find this product in boots or superdrug (if you are in the UK). It costs only 25 pounds. As a serum, it is a total bargain. You may wonder what is "3 points" Firming Serum means it means the product contain highly concentrate amino-peptide complex which is designed to give dramatically firmer looking skin on the face neck and decolletage (including neck, shoulders, back and chest, that is exposed by the neckline of clothing). If I am buying a hundred pounds of serum, I wouldn't want to apply it to my shoulder, as it's too precious. However, serum with this price, I can surely applied to those area which is not on the fact but as expose as face ( which normally we would forget to protect). 

I totally in love with this serum and would definitely repurchase at least in the winter time. 

2 comments:

  1. I am the exact same and I stick to what I know when it comes to skincare! I have sensitive skin too, so I hate it when I have a reaction. But Shiseido is sold here in the UK babe, they sell it in department stores like John Lewis and Debenhams, also Boots online. But it's great that you have found an alternative to some of their products, which sounds amazing.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Valentine’s Day Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I saw shiseido product in central london's John Lewis, but can't find it in the one near where I love. Thank you so much for letting me know that boots online sells their product, it is so much more convenience to me then. :)
      Love blogging and making friends here! By the way, your Valentine's Day video is great! :)

      Delete