2016-03-17

Best Place For High Tea In London - Original Maids Of Honour





If you ever been in England, you can definitely feel the high tea spirit. It's all about English tea, sandwich, cake and scone. To find out what cake an English king would love, you have to go to Original Maids Of Honour located in Richmond to taste their Maids Of Honour Cake. 

Original Maids Of Honour is a family run bakery and tea shop serves pies, sandwiches and cakes since 1860. The maid of Honour cake was part of the Richmond history for 300 years. It became King's favourite long time ago and to keep the secret recipe the maid who invented the recipe was imprisoned to produce the cake solely for the King. Now that the secret recipe is disclosed and served in this shop, we need to grab the chance to try this out. I did and it tastes like heaven!

If you ever go to Kew Garden, I would highly recommend you to drop by this shop and try out their tea set as a whole. Their sandwich and scone are so soft and the sweetness is adequate.  Together with the cake, it's just perfect!

A little tip for you, their tea time starts at 3pm, if you ever go there in the weekend, you will need to go there 15 minutes early. As the shop can't reserve any seat for you at tea time and be expected to wait for 10 to 15 minutes.

Here are a little video of me and my husband travel around Syon Park and eat at Original Maids Of Honour, please feel free to have a look and follow me on facebook or bloglovin if you enjoy it.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw.. that's so sweet of you. Let me know how you feel. :)

      Delete
  2. Those scones looks so good! I live in England and I confirm that scones with clotted cream and jam are a must here!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleeha, may I know where is your favourite place to high tea or eat scone? Really looking for some new place to explore and try out. :)

      Delete
  3. love love love high tea! http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. Love love love high tea. Where is your favourite place to high tea? :)

      Delete
  4. aaahh i'd love to experience an authentic high tea!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you have to come to London and try this one out. :)

      Delete
  5. this looks so good! reminds me of a teahouse by my childhood home in southern california

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? what is the name of it? Would love to listen to your little story and experience. :)

      Delete
  6. Who doesn't love high tea with scones and Jam with cream? Yum. Serving them on the beautiful blue and white china makes it even better in my opinion :) If I ever get the chance to travel to London again I will be sure to visit there!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw. Please let me know what you think if you have been there. I agree and love that blue cup. So beautiful. :)

      Delete