2016-03-01

How to make your place a happier home?


We spend half of our life in our home. How to make it cozy and comfy? There are little tricks that work for me, I hope you find it useful too. 

Light It Up With Colour. What is your favourite colour? Why do you like it? For me, it makes me happy whenever I look at it. To transfer this feeling to your home, add your favourite colour to your home by buying cushion, photo frame or just set it as your home's theme colour. Sometimes, a really dull sofa with colourful cushions make such a big different. 

Buy Flowers Or Plants. Flowers are something that would grow from time to time. I love watching their progress and when they all opens up, it just makes me so happy. If you don't have time to look after the flowers, buy some succulents. (You just need to water it once in a week time.) A little bit of green makes a home more cozy.

Put Candle Next To The Font Door. Try to create a "home scent" by placing a candle with a scent that you really like next to your front door. So every time you go back home, you smell like home. It's really good to create different sensation to trigger the joyful feelings. 

A Home With Positive Quote. Sometimes we are just to busy working for life and forget to stay happy and be strong. It's always good to remind yourself by placing positive quote in your home. Just choose one or two of your favourite quote, place it in the bedroom, living room or even bathroom (when you have time to sit down and be still). The happy message may just printed into your brain in a way that you don't even aware of. 

Play Music Whenever You Are Happy. The last thing we can do to make our place a happier home is that whenever you feel happy, like family or friends come around for Christmas dinner or you get promoted or you have finished a TV shows that you like, play a song that you love. When you are alone at home and feeling a little bit blue, play the music. All the joys will just come back with this song. A home full of happy memories is definitely a happy home who everyone love to live in. 

If you enjoy reading more interior stuff, please feel free to keep reading my "How I make a place a home?" series. 

16 comments:

  1. I always like my home to be cosy with lots of cushions, a throw and definitely candles. In winter i love having the fire on and some nice lighting too.

    Nazira | Love Hijab Girl | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. That sounds amazing!!! I would definitely try on with the fire and nice lighting. This is a wonderful tips!

      Blogging is sharing.. that's why I love it so much! :)

      Delete
  2. I just moved to a new home and these tips will be of great help to me. Thank you!

    Angelie // Sleek Makeup Base Duo Kit Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      Hope this can inspire you a little..

      Delete
  3. Lovely tips! I always have flowers in my house, I think that they really brighten up the whole interior. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kay
    Shoes and Glitter
    YSL lipstick giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I love flowers too.. It just changes the mood of my home ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post dear! Have a great week! xx

    Please check my blogs out, it means a lot to me :
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/03/february-favorites.html
    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/02/love-before-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment! :) Really appreciated!

      Delete
  5. I always think candles make me feel that much better! Great tips. Love those pillows too.

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pillows are from Next. If you are living in the UK, you may still grab one.

      What candles scent do you love? I want to buy one in my bathroom and want some inspirations.

      Delete
  6. Nice post! Thank you for sharing your tips!

    I hope you are having a lovely day. Would you mind checking out my latest blog post?

    Jeff. x | Blog | Bloglovin' | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Your blog are lovely.

      Delete
  7. Will definitely keep in mind the tips you have shared here. Have a great day sweety!
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. that's so nice of you.. Hope to hear read more of your comments later in my blog.. :)

      Delete
  8. great tips!!! lovely accents in your space!

    Happy March!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sybil. Come here more often. I'm sure there will be many more interesting post to come.

      Delete