2016-04-26

5 Healthy Food Swaps For Junk Food


Have you ever craved for junk food (i.e. chocolate or crisps) all of a sudden? I did recently and did some research on what does it mean and what healthy food can replace it. This is what I found.

Chocolate: If you crave for chocolate, you are probably lacking magnesium in the body. You will need to eat more almond, nuts, sunflower seed. I also like to replace it with cacao energy ball as it has similar strong taste which can instantly ease my hunger.

Crisps: If you crave for crisps, including olive, celery or tomato in your diet will be good as your body is short of salt (chloride). If you are eager to eat crisps like now,  go for a healthier option (Kale crisps), it actually tastes like seaweed and is quite yummy.

Candy: If you crave for candy, it means your blood sugar level is low. Medjool dates will be the best replacement for you. 

Coffee: If you crave for coffee, it signifies your body need iron. Eat more red beans, red meat can definitely help. For me, I think sleep more may be more critical. 

Ice-cream: If you crave for ice-cream, your body need some sugar. Blending frozen banana into ice-cream form or frozen yogurt will help to ease the crave. Sometimes, your body may not necessarily need sugar, maybe it's just due to the hot weather, so I would normally go for an ice water to see if it helps first.

Hope this give you some ideas and if you like my post, please don't forget to follow me on G+ or Bloglovin for more interesting post.

10 comments:

  1. These are such great ideas how to replace junk food/sweets to normal and good things! I am trying to do this myself but to be honest sometimes I crave some chocolate or crisps, hehe!

    -JarOfSweeets-

    http://www.jarofsweeets.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwFiBVNSnacfXubCZHJxeHQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. so true... I think eating chocolate and crisps every once in a while is like a treat day for myself. When eating to many, it's time to replace it with healthy food! :)

      Delete
  2. be careful with nuts and dates, they're pretty high in sugar too

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the lovely reminder! :)
      I guess it's all about balance, never eating too much single kind of food, then it will be fine. When it is too much, even healthy food become bad.

      Delete
  3. Really helpful, thanks for sharing! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Please come here more often for more interesting post.

      Delete
  4. Thanks to you now I am officially hungry, for some healthy snacks!!! :P

    www.sistertalessite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Can I say it's good for you? haha.. it seems wrong from the beginning, but it's right at the end.. I'm confused... hehe.. :)

      Delete
  5. Woow lovely tips! Thanks for sharing!xo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw.. you are always so kind! :) thank you so much!

      Delete